Paula Seling – singer, songwriter and musician, was born in Baia Mare, on December 25, 1978.
At age 6 she began to study piano at the School of Arts in Baia Mare, at 10 years old she began to sing in the school choir and soon became a soloist, and at age 15 she joined the Arts School, then she joined a band, the “Enders”, as a piano player.
- 1995 – Best players award at the “Steaua de cristal” (Crystal Star) Contest in Botosani, Romania
– “Ursuletul de aur” (The Golden Teddy Bear) award in Baia Mare, Romania
– First place at the “Armonia” (Harmony) Festival in Bucharest, Romania
- 1996 – She won “Aurelian Andreescu” Trophy.
– She sang in the show “Viata de roman” (Romanian life) – Golden Stag – Brasov
- 1997 – The recital in the opening of Joan Baez concert in Bucharest, June 27.
– The Mamaia Trophy – “Trurli”
– She released her first album in english, “Only Love”, recorded at Sound House Records – Germany.
– She sang in the show “Din darul magilor” (From the magi’s gift) – December 1997
– Graduated the highschool “Gheorghe Sincai”, Baia Mare.
- 1998 – She won “Star in ascensiune” (Ascending Star) award by Avantaje magazine.
– She performed in the opening of Chick Corea’s concert from Bucharest, November 9.
– She released the albums “Stiu ca exist” (I know I exist) si “Colinde si Cantece Sfinte” (Christmas carols and Holy songs) – Narcisa Suciu
- 1999 – “Ploaie in luna lui Marte” (Rain in the month of Mars) brought her the award “The Hit of the Year” at the Mamaia Festival
– She released the album “De dragoste” (For Love), which contains ten songs composed by Nicu Alifantis.
- 2001 – She received The Award for the best female singer within the Awards of the Romanian Music Industries.
– This year Paula has released three albums: “Ma voi intoarce” (I’ll be back), “Stii ce inseamna” (You know what it means) and “Prima Selectie” (First selection)
- 2002 – With the music video “Serile Verii” (Summer evenings) Paula won the award for best artist in a video on MTV Romania Music Awards.
– Golden Stag Trophy – “Noapte calda” (Warm Night) and “That old devil called love”
– She was a “fairy tale” character in the documentary “One Hit Wonderland”, produced by Tony Hawks.
– She was invited at Gloya Hanyford’s live broadcast on the English channel, Channel 5
– Awards at FIDOF international festivals in Cesme – Turkey, Skopje – FYRO – Macedonia, LA VALETTA – Malta
– She released the album “Album de Craciun” (Christmas album)
- 2003 – The album “Fara sfarsit” (Endless) – 17 tracks, including the song “Timpul” (La radio se-anunta ploi) – Time (rains are announced on the radio) whose video was made in Venice by director Dragos Buliga.
– She gratuated the college, Superior school of Journalism, Bucharest.
- 2004 – Nominated for MTV Music Awards as the best artist – the song “Timpul” (Time)
- 2005 – She married RADU BUCURA and they started a production house, UNICORN RECORDS.
- 2006 – She released the album “De sarbatori” (On Holidays), the second volume of Christmas carols and sacred songs of Paula.
- 2007 – The recital of the opening of Michael Bolton (July 7th) and Beyonce (October 22) concerts.
– She sang with Anita Doth (lead singer of 2 Unlimited) at Callatis Festival.
- 2008 – The 3rd Place, National Selection Eurovision final with the song “Seven Days”.
– She also sang with Al Bano (Timisoara, May 11)
– She released the album “1998 – 2008″, a collection of her most popular hits from the last decade, includes 19 tracks, some are original pieces and some were re-recorded.
– And on December 22th 2008, Jurnalul National released a edition collection dedicated to Paula with various articles about her, original pictures and a CD including 23 Christmas carols sung by Paula.
- 2009 – June 10 launches double CD (The first albums entirely composed, orchestrated and produced by Paula.) – “Culeg vise” (I pick up dreams) (in Romanian) and “Believe” (in English), as well as videos for the songs “Ochii tai” (In your eyes) and “Believe”.
– Recital and duet with Jessy Dixon in the concert from Bucharest on October 10th.
– First place at Mamaia Pop Music Festival in 2009 with “Prin ochii tai pot visa” (Trough your eyes I can dream), composed by Cristian Faur, lyrics – Dana Dorian.
– She was member of the jury at The International Festival “Golden Stag”, 2009
– On October 19th National Journal with Unicorn Records released the second CD collection, which included 20 of the most popular songs of Paula.
- 2010 – On March 6th 2010, she qualified for Eurovision Song Contest, Oslo with “Playing with fire”, which will represent Romania with her partner, Ovidiu Cernateanu.
– Music Awards Radio Romania Actualitati Music Awards the album “Culeg vise” (I pick up dreams) – the best album of 2009
– In March she released an album with Holly Songs – in Romanian they are called “Pricesne” and they are songs where we are praising Jesus, the album is free in digital format and you can download it from here.